COOPERATION FOR EDUCATION
Alliance Française offers 2 programs for Education Cooperation with schools :
1. DELF PRIM / DELF JUNIOR
- What’s the DELF exam ?
The DELF exam is an official and international examination organized by the French Ministry of Education in 154 countries. It assesses 4 skills: written and oral expression, as well as reading and listening. As a diploma, the DELF never expires and it is an invaluable asset on a CV.
- Is it in line with our curriculum ?
Yes! The DELF is in line with the guidelines of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages; which means it is the same curriculum as the GCSE. In other words, it is built on British and Nigerian curriculums and helps to develop appropriate skills for any other language examination.
- Wich DELF children can take ?
DELF Prim is divided into 3 different levels A1.1, A1, A2. It’s for children from 8 to 12 years old.
DELF Junior is divided into 4 different levels A1, A2, B1, and B2. It’s for children from 12 to 16 years old.
→ Examination fee : N10, 000 for each level, to be paid by parents.
2. MODEL SCHOOLS FOR FRENCH TEACHING LANGUAGE IN NIGERIA
The aim of this program is to improve the quality of teaching of the French language and to promote French in schools.
- How it works ?
- We work with schools to improve the level of the French teachers, wich means that we sign partnership agreements with them. The school undertakes to make improvements on teaching and respect the pedagogical criteria (number of students per classes, number of French periods by weeks, methods used, etc.)
- When the school agrees with the criteria or want to effect the changes to fit the criteria, the agreement can be signed and the latter becomes automatically one of our “model schools for the teaching of French language in Nigeria”.
- What’s happen after the signature ?
- First we will organize a meeting with the management and the French Teachers so as to choose a date for the observations of the teachers while working. It will be like a diagnostic observation to know the needs of the teacher, on how we will help.
- Every month or in 2 months we come to monitor the teachers and see the progress attend.
- We also organize training session every 6 weeks for our team and the teachers of our partner schools may be invited.
- Of course it depends on each school and we can organize the pedagogical work differently based on the needs of the schools and the pedagogical goals we want to atten.
→ When we sign an agreement with a school, it will be on a special list on the website of the Alliance Francaise and the French Embassy.
In addition, we organize an award ceremony, with a representative of the French Embassy in attendance, during which the diploma is issued to successful students.
The school may also receive assistance for its activities and events for the promotion of French language and the development of the French Department.
Alliance Française may organize competitions for students of the model schools in Lagos, with prizes to be won by students and the schools.
Our Partners Schools in Lagos :
- Atlantic Hall
- Awesome College
- Chrisland schools
- Lekki British School
- Lagos Preparatory School
- Meadow Hall
- MD Nursery & primary school
- Temple school
- GreenSprings School
For more informations or if you want your school applies for this program don’t hesitate to contact us : firstname.lastname@example.org